INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Dr. TK Tope Arts and Commerce College, Parel, Mumbai – 12 was reconstituted for the academic year 2013-14. The members of the IQAC are as follows:
1. Mr. Krishnan Nandela, Associate Professor - Coordinator.
2. Dr. Anjali Bhave, Associate Professor - Member.
3. Mr. Sampat Kanase, Associate Professor - Member.
4. Mr. Pankaj Padangale, Assistant Professor - Member.
5. Mr. Pramod Dhengle, Assistant Professor - Member.
6. Mr. Nagesh Suryawanshi, Assistant Professor - Member.
7. Mr. Sanjay Tendulkar, Chief Manager, Saraswat Bank - Member.
8. Mr. Ram Kadam, Superintendent, BMC - Member.
The IQAC decided the following action plan for the year 2013-14:
1. To start M Com Course (self financed) of the Mumbai University from the academic year 2014-15.
2. To start professional course (BMS – Self financed) in the college from the academic year 2014-15.
3. To encourage the faculty to publish research papers in professional journals.
4. To improve the grades in commerce and arts faculties.
5. To expand library resources.
6. To equip the college auditorium and cultural hall with equipment and state of the art technology.
7. To equipment the conference room with ICT equipment.
8. To facilitate placement of eligible teachers in the next stage of CAS.
9. To encourage the faculty to participate in seminars and conferences at various levels.
10. To modernize the college website.
The IQAC has undertaken the following action to implement the action plan in the first half of the academic year 2013-14:
1. A proposal to start M Com course of the Mumbai University was sent to the management of Gokhale Education Society for approval. The management has given its approval and further action on the proposal by the college is in process.
2. A proposal to start BMS course of the Mumbai University was sent to the management of Gokhale Education Society for approval. The management has given its approval and further action on the proposal by the college is in process.
3. A seminar on “Capital Market and Challenges before the Indian Economy” was organized in the month of August 2013.
4. The faculty in the college was sent for seminars and conferences during this period.
5. Reference Books in various subjects were purchased for the college library.
6. Faculty eligible for promotion to the next stage of CAS was guided to fill up their PBAS forms and their proposals are being sent to the University of Mumbai for further necessary action.
7. The Annual Quality Assurance Report for the year 2012-13 was sent online on 26th September, 2013.
Technical reforms in the Examination system were undertaken with a view to protect confidentiality and secrecy.